Skate Canada Membership
Benefits of an SC Club Membership
The benefits of belonging to a Skate Canada Club are many.
Here are just a few:
- Your child will be a member of Skate Canada, the national governing body for figure skating in Canada.
- Your child is registered through the Sunshine Coast Skating Club which makes you, as parents, voting members of the Club, providing your child is under the age of 18.
- Your child will receive a Membership Registration Card with an identification number that has been recorded at the National Office of Skate Canada. This number will not change and remains your child’s link to Skate Canada forever, even in years you are not an active member. Keep the Membership Card in a safe place, as your child will need this registration number to participate in Skate Canada sanctioned events.
- Makes your child eligible to take Skate Canada tests, participate in Skate Canada competitions, ice shows, and other sanctioned events.
- Privileges to enter the Members Only website of Skate Canada, that contains all the important information about our association.
- An accident insurance benefit included in Skate Canada registration fee
- Access to high-quality programs that are recognized and often sought after internationally and by other national sports organizations.
- Access to Nationally Certified Professional Coaches
- National registry of figure skating qualifications (tests) and results (for qualifying events) held in a central computerized system for easy access.
- The Sunshine Coast Skating Club registers each skater with Skate Canada; the membership fee is paid yearly to Skate Canada. Not only does this membership give skaters insurance coverage, it also comes with the privilege of belonging to an association which is recognized the world over. Since the Sunshine Coast Skating Club is a sanctioned Club with Skate Canada, the club and skaters are entitled to participate in competitions, take tests, and participate in various events the club may hold during the skating season.